Devblog #8 (25th June 2016)

 

Current cause for delay of demo is issue with dedicated servers that I am waiting for a response from Valve on.

In the absence of anything else I can do to speed up the release of the demo in the meantime, I’ve been working on some general improvements and additions:

  • -Hopefully have configured steam to stop overwriting character customisation every time I update the game. Am yet to upload update though, so haven’t tested this yet.

  • -Fixed a bug where clients were unable to pick up more railgun ammo after the first time. Thanks to the testers who found this bug.

  • -Made the volume more even between weapons

  • -Added volume controls (or rather wired up the unimplemented volume controls)

  • -Updated to the latest version of the Unreal Engine. This was a huge faff and took several days. Hopefully it will have fixed some of the unreal engine bugs the game is suffering from.

  • -The third party menu I’m using has some new features for the new engine version, so I re-added the latest version to the game. The new features that I’ve been able to make use of are bloom, gamma and brightness settings. There was also a key-rebinding system, but I did not particularly like the way it worked, so I’m doing my own.

  • -Started work on a key-rebind menu. Should be done in the next couple of days.

Assuming Valve get back to me early next week and it results in the dedicated servers working and I have time to actually rent and set up some servers and the 8 player test does not reveal any major problems, the demo could be out at the end of next week. My personal prediction is that none of those things will happen.

 

Comments are closed. Posted by: AdminJon on